Is Design Dead?

There are some interesting things that I found after reading the article written by Martin Fowler "Is Design Dead?" which I would like to discuss through this blog entry. First, I found interesting the way that Martin refers to the different aspects of working in a project and about extreme programming. He says that extreme programming is used to improve the team development whether it is in a company or in a team, he also refers to the "client" as a part of the team because of the consultations made to the client all the time by this you ensure that the client is happy with the work that the team is doing, I think that this type of programming is good because this causes the teamwork faster and better and provides the client with better results of the project. 

Then, I found also interesting the part of the planned design, I found this interesting because I had no idea of how it was done, Martin says that the planned design is made through listing all the issues that may occur in the project and by this we will try to avoid them, he also says that the UML plays an important role in this type of design. 

What I also found interesting and I consider as the most important thing of the article is that the perfect practica come with agile practices and planned design. Doing things fast just by doing them is not what extreme programming means, it is desired to have in mind that we will need in the project before the development because sometimes if we start to develop without a plan we will make things that we will probably later won't use and that means wasting time. I think that good development consists of good planning and best programming practices.

References: 

- Fowler, M. (2004, May). Is Design Dead? Retrieved February 09, 2019, from https://martinfowler.com/articles/designDead.html

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Microservices

Understanding the SOLID Principles

Ethical Reflection on Ready Player One